Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Zoo

While my parents were here, my mom and I took the kids to the zoo.  Hans and my dad were at a Pastor's Day Out so my mom and I wanted to do something fun with the kids.  On a side note, I call Hans' confessional pastor's meetings "Pastor's Day Out" because I don't really believe it is work.  These guys live and breath theology.  These guys talk theology all the time.  So, it is actually like a big play date when they can all get together and talk shop all day.  They even go out to lunch.  Hans says it is work, I say not...I think I win.  But, back to the zoo.


The elephants are one of John's favorite animals.  We always have to see the elephants first.  He will just stand there and watch them all day.

Gus doesn't really care about the elephants.  He just wants to eat.

Eating and watching the elephants...what a multi-talented boy.

John was waiting for his turn on the drums.  I love how he had his hands on his hips.

Finally he got to play.

Gus grew tired of his stroller and of eating.  He wanted to play the drums too.


Grandma always takes John on the carousel.  This was Gus' first ride and I don't think he cared for it.  John loves to pick which animal to ride.
It is very hard to get a good Carousel picture once the ride gets going.  This is the closest I could get to all three people looking and smiling at the same time.

John also likes the giraffes.  One of them stared right at John the whole time.


"Yay!  Popcorn."

It doesn't take much to make him happy.


1 comment:

Heather said...

So fun.....I'm looking forward to our first trip to the zoo this spring.

I love the picture of John with his hands on his hips.....just a miniature adult!

:)