Monday, March 23, 2015

Christmas Day

For those of you who don't know, Hans and I come from different family traditions when it comes to opening presents.  My family opened presents on Christmas morning and Hans' family opened them on Christmas Eve.  Neither one of us was willing to part with tradition, so we decided to compromise by alternating years.  I'm not sure either one of us is happy with the compromise, but such is life.

This year was a Christmas morning year.  I don't even know if Christmas Eve would have worked since we had Church services at 5pm and 10:30pm.  Since we didn't get home until almost midnight the boys actually slept in until about 7.  They were very excited to go downstairs and open presents.

 They had a TON of presents.  The boys are very spoiled.  Actually, we all are.  


 I'm not sure who was more excited about the Hoosiers sweatshirt, Gus or Hans.

 After we opened presents we went to church.

 I love my crazy boys.


 After church Debbie, Pam, and Sophie came over and we opened more presents.  It was a little chaotic with 4 kids grabbing and opening presents.  But it was fun.

 The boys got a bunch of Lego sets for Christmas and wanted to build all of them right away.  Sophie was so patient with them.  She would help Gus and Anders read the directions and PATIENTLY watch as they put it together.  Anders always felt his direction were better than the written ones.  Seriously, she had a ton of patience.

The kids had a great time playing with all of their new toys.  Meanwhile Debbie and Hans were sick as dogs laying on the couch.  Pam and I just tried to stay far away from them.

It was a wonderfully chaotic Christmas.  Just the way I like it.

No comments: