Monday, April 8, 2013

John's Surprise Visitor

I must start off by saying that the length between my blog posts does not reflect the amount of material I have to blog about.  It seems the more pictures I have to go through, the more time seems to fly by between posts.  I am happy to say that, while I am behind, I'm only a month behind.  And, that is a big accomplishment for me.

Back to the blog post at hand.  The week my parents were in town, John's class was having a field trip to the Shedd Aquarium.  I put my mom's name down as a chaperon  but her name was not drawn out of the hat. This, of course, made John sad.  Which made John's teacher sad. She felt so bad that she emailed me to see if my mom could come in to read to the class one of the days she was in town.  Since my parents were arriving on a Monday morning while John was already in school we set up a plan to have my mom in the classroom before the kids came back from lunch.  I figured John would be pretty happy about this surprise.

Happy and surprised was he.


 My mom picked out some good books to read to the kids.


 John was one happy camper.  And so was Grandma.

 Mason, our next door neighbor, wanted his picture taken with John too.

 And, of course, I had to grab a picture with John's teacher.  She bawked just a bit because she hadn't done her hair that morning.  But she is still beautiful.


Soon everyone in John's class wanted their picture taken with him.  Everyone loves John.  So we just took a big class picture.  Since I don't know all of the kids or their parents, I figured it was safer to forgo posting that picture.

It was a wonderful surprise.  Thanks to my mom for reading and to Ms. Georgis for having this wonderful idea.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness! What a sweet post! I love the look on his face when he saw her. :)