Friday, April 12, 2013

35 Years

My parents actually flew in for a visit on the day of their 35th wedding anniversary.  I know there are some people who would not want to spend their anniversary with 3 loud and obnoxious boys, but this was exactly where they wanted to be.  And you can't feel too bad for them as they are going to Italy this summer to celebrate.  I was explaining to the boys what an anniversary was, which was really quite confusing.  In the end they got that it is something that happens every year, like a birthday, and something you can celebrate.  So they asked to make a cake.  I'm not sure if that was because they wanted to do something nice for Grandma and Grandpa or if they just wanted cake.

 So I made a cake and the boys decorated it.  I let them cut out pieces of fondant and use my airbrush to add color.

 The grandparents were pleasantly surprised.  

The cake decorators.  They were pretty proud of themselves.

No comments: