Monday, January 7, 2013

Parents of the Year

I am sure I won the mother of the year award this year.  Actually, Hans and I won the parents of the year award.  In our relationship, I am not usually the one to freak out over various ailments or injuries that occur in our house.   We actually don't have many ailments, but we seem to get our fair share of injuries.  One morning Gus ran into our room (this is why I say "no running") from Fritz (this is why Fritz is not always my favorite).  Gus wasn't watching where he was going and ran right into the corner of my jewelry armoire.  (All of this happened in a room he is not supposed to be in.)  After crying for a bit he told Hans he was fine.  For a head wound Hans was surprised it didn't bleed more.  A couple of hours after the incident I came home from work and took a look at the wound which seemed to look painful, but since Gus wasn't complaining and it wasn't really bleeding a whole lot I gave Gus Tylenol, slapped a band-aid on the cut, and sent him off to school.  About an hour later I got a call from the school nurse telling me she had to change the band-aid twice.  So Hans promptly picked him up from school and took him to urgent care where Gus received his first ever stitch.  I'm sure there are many more to come. 
See, it is barely noticeable.  That little dark spot at his hairline right above the eye is where the stitch is.
Gus is fine, always was fine, and is proud to be a member of the stitch-club with John.  Now Anders wants in on the fun.

I'm just wondering where I can pick up my award.

No comments: