Thursday, January 31, 2013

Christmas Time

I am unbelievably behind in blogging.  I have a ton of pictures to go through and not enough hours in the day.  It has gotten to the point where I wince every time I take out the camera because I know I'm only adding to the hundreds of pictures I haven't even looked at yet.  For now you all get to act like it is only December and not actually the last day of January.

Hans and I grew up with completely different traditions when it comes to opening Christmas presents.  My family has always opened on Christmas morning and his family has always opened on Christmas Eve.  This is a major source of contention.  Seriously.  This should be a topic discussed in pre-marital counseling.  For now, we open on Christmas Morning one year and Christmas Eve the next.  I'm not sure how long this will last.  I would just like to go on record and state that I know he is a pastor and thus works hard Christmas Eve and if he wants to open presents when he comes, home he should be able to.  BUT, and this is a big one, while he is preaching, I am wrangling 3 children.  At an evening service.  By myself.  And most of the time I come home exhausted and not really in a giving mood.  That should count for something.

This year was a Christmas Eve year.  After church the kids opened their presents.  It was a bit chaotic what with the gigantic tree, 3 eager kids and one very excited dog.  I didn't manage to get any pictures of them opening presents.  But I was able to grab a few of the boys and Hans...and me too.




No comments: