Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Little Basketball

The Sunday after Thanksgiving, Debbie, Pam and I went to lunch, did a little shopping and then went to Sophie's basketball game.  I had as much fun watching the parents in the stands as I did the girls on the court.  5th grade girls basketball is a very competitive sport.

 Here is Sophie and her good friend, Holly.


Holly took her defense duties seriously.



The girls played well, but it just wasn't their day for basket making. 

 This is what I mean about not a basket making game.  I'm pretty sure this shot didn't make it in.  It looked so promising.


 I couldn't help but add this shot.  Sophie had just passed the ball, but it looks like she was busting a move as the young kids say.


 Sophie going for a foul shot.

 Look at that follow through.

The girls came in 2nd by 1 point!  But it was a great game and they played well.

No comments: