Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Favorite Children's Books

Alright everyone.  I want your help. Well, really I need your help.  I'm putting together book lists for the easy reader section of our library.  Lists like 'If you like Elephant and Piggie then try...' or 'Books about Princesses'.  I know the books I like and the books my kids like, but I'd like to know what books you and your kids like.  I'm always looking for new books, new authors, and new series.  I want to put together some totally awesome lists.  When I'm done with this project I'll gladly share my findings with all those interested.

2 comments:

Marcia said...

The MLCA kids like the "Henry and Mudge" series by Cynthia Rylant and the "Nate the Great" series by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat. The Follett company lists the reading level of the Henry and Mudge books from 1.6 to 2.8, and Nate from 1.8 to 3.0. Another good series is "Mr. Putter and Tabby" (1.4 - 3.5) by Cynthia Rylant.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! I've gotten a few responses and I have some new books on my list. I should clarify that when I wrote 'easy reader' I meant picture books. A bit confusing on my part. No worries as I was working on lists for chapter books next. So, if you have any favorite authors, series, books that would be classified as a picture book (such as "The Mitten")send the info my way.