Friday, October 14, 2011

Church Picnic

I've written a little about our new church family here, a little here, and a little more here along with posts about Debbie and Pam doing things with the boys.  But that just isn't enough.  We have the most amazing church family.  Hans was installed last December and since then we have been getting to know some of the sweetest people on earth.  They are patient, kind, loving and happy.  They warmly greet you when they see you and offer a helping hand when needed.  I am thankful everyday for being a part of warm, loving and forgiving congregation.

What it all boils down to is I genuinely look forward to hanging out with my church family.  Even when the church picnic fell on the same weekend as our crazy busy birthday party/open house, I was still very excited to socialize.  This says a lot since I've more or less become a home-body since having kids.  The church has a picnic every year and then rents out the village pool for our members and friends.  It was four hours of fun and no one wanted to leave.  Seriously, my boys didn't want to leave...I think they cried most of the way home.

 We spent some time just talking and working up an appetite.  See Paul is grilling over there and I'm getting hungry so I decided to distract myself by taking pictures.

 Anders decided he didn't want to wait for everyone else.  He sat contently in Debbie's lab eating.  Because that is what he does best.

 After a little snack we went to the playground.
 Some of the kids played a bean bag game.  I'm sure this game has a name but for the moment it escapes me.  Oh- and Hans' cousin Stephen (pictured) and my mom were both in town.

I'm pretty sure Gus is missing the point of the whole game.

 While the kids ate and played, the adults ate and talked.

It was a very relaxing and enjoyable time.

This was my contribution to the potluck.

 After we ate we swam!  Well, I didn't swim.

It was nice to see families doing things together.

 Anders was testing out the water.

 I think he likes it.

 We had all sorts of kids splashing.


 Gus even went down the slide.  Cautiously.

 John wasn't as cautious.  

These folks didn't stay on the sideline for too long before joining in on the fun.


 The bathing beauties. 



 Anders was not a fan of this.  He wants the water to splash on his own terms.

 Anders enjoyed his talk with Mr. Larson.

Before we knew it the time had come to get out, dry off and go home.  It was so much fun and I can't wait for next year.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Cornhole! That's the name of the beanbag game. Looks like fun, I'm so happy for you and your new church.