Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Day out with Thomas

Yep.  You read it right.  We went to Thomas...again.  But the boys just love Thomas and I'm really not ready for that phase to be over.  So, like it or not, Anders will have a Thomas fascination as well.

We weren't sure how long John would find all of this stuff fascinating, so my mom decided to get in one last trip to see Thomas for John's birthday.  She flew in to Chicago to celebrate his 5th birthday by going to Thomas and then helping me for the birthday party/open house.  So we drove an hour out to the Railway Museum in Union, IL early on a Friday morning and spent the day enjoying all the event had to offer.

There were clowns...

and magicians...

and bouncy dragons...

and the star of the show, Thomas!


 Gus spent about 5 seconds of the 20 minute ride like this...

 and the rest of it like this. 


If you have never been to A Day out with Thomas, I highly recommend it for train lovers of all ages.  Sure, people older than 13 don't care about the ride on Thomas, but these events are held in train yards and museums, so you get to explore trains other than Thomas.

I'm not sure that I will ever forget our 6th wedding anniversary.  I say that, but I'm not sure what we did for the other 5.  Sorry honey, you married an unromantic, completely practical girl.

John tells me I also can't forget to mention Sir Topham Hat...

miniature golf...

the huge sand pile...

and the cool tattoos.
 Doesn't this make Gus look like such a bruiser?

About 6 seconds after getting the tattoo John started scratching it off.  Then he changed his mind and wanted to keep it on.  So this little tidbit of Thomas stuck around for about a week.  I don't even want to know what his teacher thought of us on the first day of school.

No comments: