Saturday, October 22, 2011

Books, Books and more Books!

We love books in our family.  I read all the time before I had kids, and then my choices of material were limited since I really can't read a John Grisham or Mary Higgins Clark novel to my kids.  It's only now that I work in a library that I am able to have enough time alone that I read what I want to again.  But this isn't about me or my book choices for adults.  Since I work in the children's department at the library and have kids at home that love books, I thought I would share some of the books I come across that we really enjoy.  It's great when you find a book that is tolerated by adults since it will be read approximately 5023 times.


My first series to rave about is the Elephant and Piggie series by Mo Willems.  We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these books.  They are so simple yet say so much.  They are funny and light hearted, and the boys love to memorize the words so they can read them over and over again to each other.  I'm pretty sure these books have only spent 5 minutes on the shelf since entering our home.  Willems also has a Pigeon series that John finds hysterical.  But John finds everything hysterical.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ephraim loves everything by Mo Willems. He's also been really into the Froggy series by John London.

For help in finding a good series of books, Jens been using the Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease. Just FYI.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I'll have to check that out.