Friday, June 18, 2010

The Tales of John

My three year old is acting more and more like a teenager.  I'm hoping that year four will bring a quieter, mild mannered John...but I don't think so.  John didn't get something he wanted the other day...surprise, surprise, and he started to throw a fit.  I started to tell him he needed to calm down when he put his hand up and said, "I just can't talk about this right now, you are making me nuts."  I had to leave the room to keep from laughing.  I wish I could blame this on someone else, but I'm pretty sure I've said this to him more than once.

I did not, however teach John about holding his hand up and saying 'whatever'.  I was not really ready for that.  I told John he needed to pick up the books in his room and that he couldn't leave his room until it was done.  Without acknowledging me he turned and walked towards his room.  I asked him if he heard me and he just said, "Whatever, Mom." 

It is amazing how much kids pick up from TV.  Now, John hasn't been able to watch TV for about 2 weeks since he doesn't want to clean up the playroom.  But, he is in the room when I watch some HGTV shows and, while he isn't watching, he is absorbing.  The other day he saw some babies in a magazine and asked if they were part of the Gerber Generation.  I didn't even know where he got it until I saw the Gerber commercial a few days later.  He also came up to Hans the other day, flashed a big smile and said, "Daddy, my teeth just aren't white enough."  This then makes me cringe when I see commercials that I don't want to have to explain to my son.  I think I'm just going to give our TV away.
 John decided to cover himself in stickers.

Oh- I posted several things in just a few days, so if you missed the Adventures of August, here it is.



1 comment:

Marcia said...

I received a child development pamphlet from the pediatrician years ago entitled, "Your Four Year Old: Wild and Wonderful." :)