Saturday, January 23, 2010

10 Months Old

I'm pretty sure only a day or two has passed since I wrote his 9 month post.  This month has just been a whirlwind and I'm not really sure why.  About a week after Gus turned 9 months he took his first steps.  Then, about a week or so after that he started walking.  This kid walks everywhere now!  He still has a very rigid walk and tends to stiffly pick his right leg up higher than his left.  But, if you all remember, he crawled funny too.

One of the funniest things he does is scour the house for a remote or phone, neither of which he is supposed to have.  When he gets his hands on one he turns quickly and starts to walk quickly, almost run, out the door so he can go play with his find.  He also cries, and I mean big, crocodile tears, when you take something away from him.
 
Gus will also take anything he wants, and I mean anything.  If John is playing with trains Gus will take them.  At first John would just give him the trains so he didn't have to hear him cry.  I will NOT have a child that gets whatever he wants simply because he cries, so we nipped that in the bud pretty quickly.  But I have to say it just melts my heart when I see the boys playing nicely together. 


Go Colts!  Thank you Uncle Christian for the great outfit.

Don't you wish you could squat like this for hours?

He definitely has his cranky moments, but overall he is a happy boy.  He still loves playing in the bathroom, if a rookie has left the door open.  And he is constantly getting into the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen.  I love to watch him discover new things.  His preferred method of checking something out is to put it in his mouth. John was and still is into everything, but he never really put stuff in his mouth, so this is a new thing for me.  Gus also likes to stick his fingers in the outlets, so I've quickly learned which ones I'd forgotten to cover.








1 comment:

Marcia said...

He has changed so much in just one short month...and he looks like such a happy guy...not to mention, mischievous!