Friday, January 20, 2012

Oh, Fritz!

This dog of ours is completely insane.  I guess that is why he fits in with the family so well.  He is still growing since he is only 9 months old, but he is already over 80 pounds! 

When he acts like a typical 9 month old puppy I can get a bit irritated with him because he is so big and thus makes big messes, or barks loudly, or jumps up on the chair to eat the food on the table.  I shouldn't lie.  I don't get a bit irritated.  I get downright angry.  I usually call Hans to tell him that he needs to do something with his dog.  After Fritz consumed about 60 peanut butter sandwiches I bought a shock collar and we haven't had a problem since.  That is, until the batteries in the shock collar died.  Right in front of me Fritz tried to crawl into the high chair with Anders and share his food.  I grabbed the remote, said , "No, Fritz" and gave the button a little push.  Nothing happened and I swear that dog looked at me like, "Yep, that's right.  There is nothing you can do to me now."

As frustrating as Fritz can be he is also very sweet, loving and protective.  Not an hour after the crawling in the highchair incident and our pup was curled up next to his sleeping boy.


How could I ever be mad at this dog, you ask?  Well, it's very easy.  Spend a day with me and you'll figure it out.  But, it is times like this that make it all worth it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

This post made me laugh. I am in the same boat as you with Kira......except Kira is only about 18 pounds. She is constantly taking food right out of the kids hands and I am constantly yelling at the kids to push the kitchen chairs in, otherwise she is on top of the table feasting on whatever she can.

And she always makes it worth the frustration when she snuggles up with the kids or with me in the evenings when we watch movies or tv. I'll be glad when she is past this puppy stage. :)