Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Nick Offerman

Ever heard of Parks and Rec?  If you haven't watched an episode or two or all of them, you should check it out.  You can probably pick up a season or two at your local library or through Netflix streaming.  I discovered a little over a month ago that my boss is one of Nick Offerman's sisters and one of my coworkers is his aunt.  Now,  I knew my boss's last name was Offerman and I knew Nick's last name was Offerman AND I knew Nick came from Minooka and yet it wasn't until someone told me that I made the connection.

Knowing the connection, I shouldn't have been at all surprised to see Nick at the library this morning when I came in for work.  But I was.  I was a bit of a geek.  I was very excited about meeting someone Hans also loved so much and someone that actually made me laugh out loud with his witty humor.


Aside from his Parks and Rec gig he also has a woodworking shop with his brother Matt out in California.  He and his brother make beautiful pieces.  I have my eye on a beautiful Mahogany dining table.  Not sure what the shipping would cost me to fly that baby from Los Angeles to Minooka.  But I can dream, can't I?

 Maybe next time I see him I won't act like such a big nerd.



No comments: