Tuesday, December 29, 2009

9 Months Old

I say this every time, but I just can't believe how fast the time has flown bye.  August loves exploring new things and getting into his brother's toys.  For the most part, John handles this very well.  If he doesn't, Gus will scream bloody murder until I come into the room and then John tells me honestly why Gus is crying.  I love that John is still so honest about this.



Gus has been sleeping through the night for a couple of months now and I'm so happy.  I really don't do well with little sleep.  Gus crawls like a madman and is cruising all of the furniture.  He will even let go for a few seconds, so we'll see if he begins to walk in the next month or so.  His favorite past time now is getting into the toilet paper and (skip this next part if you get grossed out easily), trying to put his hand in the path of John's pee stream.  Gross huh?  That's a boy for you.  When you only have one kid it is a lot easier to keep the doors to certain rooms closed.  We are constantly having to remind John to close the door when he goes to the bathroom and when he leaves.  Needless to say, Gus gets his hands washed about 1,000 times a day.



Gus just loves, loves food.  I think the reason I had such a hard time in the beginning is because he hated baby food...who wouldn't?  When I was gathering pictures for the post, I had a hard time finding ones where he wasn't eating.  I can't really say if that is because he is constantly eating, or if that is just the only time he is still enough to photograph.  I will say that when it comes to meat, he eats WAY more than his brother.  But, John is still my better vegetable eater.



We went to the doctor today, and Gus weighs 22 pounds and is 29 inches long.  We just love our happy, growing boy.

I took this picture to show the bruise under his left eye.  In a matter of two days he fell onto the elliptical and then flat on his face as he was cruising from one piece of furniture to the other.  He was just fine, but I think his fair skin just can't hide any kind of discoloration.


No comments: