Saturday, October 31, 2009

So Spoiled

My boys are definitely spoiled, but not by me. They are lucky enough to have grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles, great aunts and great uncles that spoil them.  I was just thinking the other day when I opened a package that was sent to the boys that I used to do this for Emily and Graysen.

My Aunt Diane, or as John calls her, Diant, was the culprit this time.  She told me to expect a package or two in the mail and I could give it to them whenever I felt it was the right time.  About a week later we got the first package but I was also expecting something else, so without thinking I opened the box.  I got a flap of the box opened and saw part of Thomas the train's face so I quickly shut the box, but it was too late.
"Thomas, Thomas, Thomas, is that for me? Oh thank you Mommy, is it my birthday again?"  I couldn't resist, I had to give it to him.
"No, it isn't your birthday.  This is from Aunt Diane, Uncle Tim, Jimmy and Ericka."  John tore into the box and held the Thomas tent inside its own box for about 15 minutes, aren't kids funny?
"Is it your birthday, Mommy?"
"No, Aunt Diane sent it just because she wanted to"
"Oh Mommy, I love 'just because' presents. (I'm not making this up, he actually said this) Thank you, thank you, thank you, Diant."

He spent the next several hours curled up in his new Thomas tent.




Gus really enjoyed the box.



A couple of days ago we got Gus' package with a musical Octopus.  His reaction was a little more subtle, but I'm sure he likes it just as much.






John liked the octopus too.


Gus seems to be OK with John playing with his toys...for now.

Thank you Great Aunt Diane, Great Uncle Tim, Jimmy and Ericka!!!  They love their new toys.


No comments: