Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Mr. D

We had D with us for  a little over a month.  He was our first foster child.  This was quite an experience.  Hans and I started this process saying that we would only take kids 3 and below, and right out of the gate they approached us about a 5 year old.  The case workers sure know how to sell it and against our original plan we took him in.

He really is a sweet kid.  He learned a lot about sharing while he was here and stuck to a schedule.  Two things I'm sure he had never done before.  He usually had a smile on his face and he loved getting hugs.  It was sad to see him go.  Hans and I realized quickly that our kids did not take disrupting the birth order well.  It was painful to watch our three change so drastically in a couple of weeks.  As hard as it was to request that D be placed in another home, we were happy to know that he was placed in a good home.  I still keep in contact with his new foster family.

But our time with D wasn't all tears.  We had a lot of fun while he was here too.
 My mom bought all of the boys Ninja Turtles costumes for Halloween and the boys had so much fun playing with them.


The day before he left we sat down for a family picture.  

The boys still talk about him.  They miss him, as we all do.  It took some time, but eventually I saw my boys transform back to their original personalities.  I think everyone is better with things now.

No comments: