Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Little Baby Shower

All of the Fienes were together over the 4th of July weekend so we thought that would be a great time to throw a little baby shower for my sister in-law, Ashley.  Solveig, Andrina and I divvied up the responsibilities and a shower was planned.  My assignment was coming up with games and activities for the shower.  Of all of the baby showers I had, I think only one of them had games and I honestly can't remember what they were.  The only game I could think of off  the top of my head was the game where we all tried to guess the circumference of the mother's belly with a piece of string.  But, I was pretty sure Ashley would strangle me with the string if I presented that game at the party.  Thankfully I was able to find two games that were not too silly and did not involve string measuring the mother to-be's belly.

After getting the games all squared away I realized we really needed some kind of party favor.  So off to work I went.


 Inside each gift bag was a little bag filled with little cookies that looked like buttons.  Or at least my attempt to look like buttons.

 See why I chose button cookies?  Plus buttons, or at least my version of buttons, are a lot easier to make than cookies that looks like bottles or rubber duckies or onesies.

 Instead of a cake Solveig ordered varying flavors of these delicious mini cupcakes.

 Andrina put together a beautiful cheese, nut and berry platter.  This was a nice compliment to the wonderful chicken salad sandwiches and mimosas.  



 The guest of honor and the hostesses.


 Ashley got some wonderful presents.  This is going to be one well dressed child.

The happily expecting couple.

I'm so glad we were able to be together to celebrate the newest Teeny-Fiene.

No comments: