Thursday, February 21, 2013

New Year's Eve Party

It's time to rewind again, back to the last day of 2012.  Yes, yes, we all must do this because I can't seem blog about events anywhere near the time in which they occurred.  At least I've already blogged about Thanksgiving and Christmas.  You can only ask so much of me.

Last New Year's we started a tradition of having a fun party with the boys, complete with noise makers and ice cream floats.  John remembered this fondly and, when someone asked me what our New Years' plans were, he quickly laid out plans I didn't even know we had.  Thus a tradition was started.  There is no going back now.  The nice thing about this is that our party starts at 4 pm and ends at 8 pm.

Anders was helping Hans make pizza.  And by helping I mean he was eating the dough.
 John played a little leap pad.  He could spend hours just like this.  Which is exactly why I set the timer for 20 minutes.  I've made the mistake of forgetting and then John tells me hours later that he is finished playing because the batteries are dead.
 Then it was time for a movie marathon.  This year they picked the Rescuers and the Rescuers Down Under.  I was utterly grateful we weren't watching all 117 Buddies movies.


Then we rang in the New Year...at 8 o'clock.  That's my kind of party!






No comments: