Sunday, July 1, 2012

Daddies Do It Different

I know there are some of you who want to correct the title of this post.  I know it should be "Daddies Do It Differently."  But I'm referencing the title of a book, so you will just have to deal.  If you hate it that much, you can write the author. (Editor's Note: Oh, I totally will.)

I facilitated a program at the library a couple of weeks ago called Muffins With Mom.  Aside from having muffins with mom, as the program name suggests, it was also to create a Father's Day gift.  After I taught the kids a song about moms, I read books about dads.  This turned out to be one of my favorites.  It was as if this author was a fly on the wall in our house.  

 Daddies Do it Different by Alan Lawrence Sitomer

This has to be one of my favorite pages from the book.

The book goes through all the ways that this little girl's dad does it different(ly).  From getting dressed in the morning, eating lunch, grocery shopping, bath time, to winding down for bed.  So take a gander at this book, add two more kids and a unruly dog, and you have my life.

No comments: