Sunday, March 6, 2011

4 Months Old

Big baby alert!!  Is it really a surprise that my boys are so big when they seem to get a great head start in the womb?  Anders had a check up a couple of weeks ago, but between moving and no internet service I'm just now getting to write about it.


We love our new doctor.  I always go back and forth between getting a pediatrician or a family doctor and ending up picking a pediatrician this time.  I'm very happy with my decision thus far.  We've already seen her a few times for various sicknesses, but this was our first well check.  Poor Anders had to get three shots since he has had nothing since birth.  He took it like a champ and only cried for the last one.  I guess it was to his advantage that he has HUGE legs.  So my little man is 17 1/2 pounds and 26 inches long.  This puts him around the 90th percentile for both height and weight.

He is a happy little camper and really only cries when he wants attention or is tired.  Lately he has wanted a lot of attention.  I'm just glad that the attention can come from almost anyone and it makes him happy.  He sleeps pretty well, although he has nights where he wants to eat every 2 hours.  Those nights are rough.  He has the same bedtime routine as the other two boys; story, Lords Prayer, the singing of Yellow Submarine and lights out.  All three boys go to bed at the same time right now and it seems to go pretty well.  Anders will fall asleep being held although he really prefers to do it all on his own.  When he gets tired he starts getting fussy.  If you try to rock him or comfort him he just gets mad.  He just wants to be placed in his crib, grunt a few times and fall asleep.  This works out nicely for me.

I think I expected him to roll over by now.  He can get to his side, but doesn't seem at all concerned about doing anything else.  Oh well.  All in good time.  He constantly chews on his hands or sucks on the arms of the person holding him.  Maybe he is teething.  John and Gus were so early at rolling over, sitting, crawling and walking that I have to remind myself that Anders is doing fine.  He'll be running behind his brothers soon enough.

For as happy as he is I don't actually have any pictures of him smiling.  Hazard of moving, I guess.

No comments: