Friday, December 17, 2010

Moving -Phase 1-

A little over a week ago we moved out of our house in Denver.  For those of you who don't know, Hans got a call to be the pastor of River of Life in Channahon, IL.  So, just a couple of weeks after giving birth to Anders, I started packing up our house.  Hans and I were in Denver for 2 1/2 years and I can't even believe how much stuff we collected over that time.  Every time I thought I was close to being done I would find another drawer or shelf that hadn't been packed.  This move was by far my worst and most unorganized.  So, instead of the one box I usually have labeled "miscellaneous"  I have about 20 of them this time.  Unpacking will be so much fun!

Aside from my lack of organization this time it also took HOURS to load everything into the two PACKRAT containers.  These containers were 16x8x8 and even though I had two we still didn't get everything to fit.  My poor dryer didn't make the cut, but it was on its way out anyways.  We started loading around 11 and finally finished loading, cleaning, patching and painting walls around 6:30.  I can't thank our wonderful friends enough for all of their help.  There is no way we could have done this without them.  I was too busy shoving stuff into various boxes and freaked out about not being organized that I didn't take any pictures.  Never fear, Jan was there!  That woman doesn't go anywhere without a camera.  She took pictures of our move and the restaurant we went to after a busy day of hard labor.

After we moved out of the house we stayed the night with our dear friends, the Meliuses.  We are sure going to miss all of our friends.  The next day we headed to Texas and stayed for about a week.  As if I wasn't far enough behind in my blogging as it is, I now have more pictures to upload and look through.  I'll get to them all someday...before Anders moves out of the house.

Right now I'm sitting in the hotel room we will call home for the next 10 days.  After this we will be staying with some new friends until we close on a house.  I did give a heads up to these new friends just how "fun" my boys can be.  We will see how long they let us stay before coming down with something horribly contagious and telling us it is better that we stay elsewhere.  So, this ends phase 1 -leaving Denver.  I guess this means we are entering phase 2 -the in-between...I don't think I'm going to like this phase very much.

While I'm very sad to have left my good friends and the place where Gus and Anders were born, I'm excited to see what is in store for us.  Tomorrow we meet our new church family and I am very excited to get to know each and every one of them.

1 comment:

Heather said...

What an adventure! Praying for your family and for your patience while living in a hotel room with your 3 boys! :)