Sunday, December 16, 2012

Thanksgiving

Since we are coming up on the middle of December, I thought I should actually blog about Thanksgiving.  This year we had it at our house, which was nice.  It would have been even nicer if my oven had been working properly.  At least it was heating up, which is more than I can say it is doing at this moment...but I digress.

We had a house filled with 13 people.  I love having everyone at our house.  In Denver we spent all of our holidays at our friends Jan and Jared's house.  It was fun and I miss those days, but being the hostess isn't all that bad.  Unlike Jan, I can not be all things to all people so I prepared the meal and my wonderful mother-in-law took most of these pictures.  I would have maybe three pictures of this day if it had not been for her.


 Everyone who is invited into our house gets roped in to reading to the boys.


 Not really sure where Hans was for this picture, but these are the Fiene siblings that were present.


 Our 22 lb turkey.  Hans was really excited at the thought of using his electric carving knife...can you tell?



 Christian is pretending to listen to the conversation.  He enjoys showing off his thinking pose.  Being a ham certainly runs in the family.

 This is the closest I have ever seen these two without them hitting each other.  I wasn't there, but I'm pretty sure the hitting part came next.

 There is John perfecting his neck-choking pose.


Not pictured were Pam, Debbie, and Glenn.  We all had a great time eating good food and wonderful desserts.  Hans made a delicious pumpkin pie from an actual pumpkin and Debbie made cheesecake from scratch.  We could have skipped the dinner all together.

After we settled the kids in for the night and caught a quick nap Ashley, Debbie and I did some shopping.  Nothing too crazy, but a lot of fun.

Before Hans' parents and brother went back home they graciously stopped by the church to record some part of a Lutheran Satire song.  Looks like they had a lot of fun recording.

No comments: