Monday, December 3, 2012

Basement Stairs

The stairs going to our basement were a mess.  I know, I know.  They are stairs going to a basement.  But we have a nice, finished, walkout basement that we use often and I was tired of looking at these stairs.

Here you can kind of see what it was like before.  What doesn't really show up is all the red and yellow paint.

Another 'before' pic.  This was a 'before-before' because I assure you that these colors are no where to be found painted on the walls in my house.

 After filling holes, stripping paint and sanding until my hands were sore I achieved this look.

 Now they look like this.  I thought I'd mix it up and stain the stairs two different colors.  Because you know they are stairs that go to the basement.

The rise of the stairs just couldn't be cleaned/sanded enough to stain.  I reluctantly gave up on that idea and painted them white.

Now I can mark that project off of my list and start on one of the other projects.  My list is about 3 pages long so there is a lot to choose from.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

They look really nice, Katie. But where are your cute little models?

Heather said...

Great job!

Linda said...

Looks awesome!!