Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Weekend in Indiana

 My mother in-law was kind enough to send me some pictures of our weekend with them.  It was such a short trip packed with lots of excitement that I forgot to take pictures.  When I got home I realized that the only picture I had was the grandparents with the 5 grandkids (posted here) and yet that is not even close to the amount of activity we packed into two days.  We played, we talked, we laughed, we ate, we drank and somewhere in there we slept.  We also saw a horrible movie called Smurfs, maybe you've heard of it?  I would say it was a waste of money, except for the fact that grandparents and aunts got to spend time with their grandchildren, nieces and nephews...and the kids had fun.  We also got to go to church at Advent.  It is always good to see familiar, smiling faces.

Anders was still in his I'm a pill and I'm teething mood.  However, right after this picture, Aunt Andrina gave him an ice cream sandwich.  She knows how to win her way into this little man's heart.  As I remember all of this I'm thinking 'Seriously, Katie.  Where was your camera?'

 Eva was very sweet to Gus.  She was his little mother during the pictures and was trying her best to get him to sit still, look at the camera and smile.  If Eva had accomplished this, I would say she has super powers.

 Sweet Uncle Christian.  

The kids were all taking a break from running and playing outside to watch some 'toons.  I know there was a bit of discussion about what they were going to watch.  Boys vs. girls.  I think the girls won...as they should.

We had almost the whole family in town for this fun weekend.  Hopefully we can get all of Hans' siblings together and take a family picture soon.  I smile at the thought of that task...9 adults and 5 kids.  Sounds fun.

No comments: