Thursday, June 16, 2011

Gus' Burn

Gus is an active, curious and sometimes defiant two year old.  One of his favorite things to do that just drives me up the wall is scaling the kitchen cabinets to get something on the counter.  Just this morning he did this to get what was left of the banana bread.  I thought he had learned his lesson.  But I was wrong.  About a month ago Gus thought Hans was taking too long to give him his pancakes.  So he decided to scale the cabinets and get one off of the griddle himself.  Never mind that we told him it was dangerous and hot.  I'm hoping the next time we tell him it is hot he will listen.
 This was about four days after he burned himself.

This was about a week and a half after the burn. 

As bad as this looks, he never complained about the pain.  He cried just a little after burning himself and then went on with life as usual.  The only time he winced was when it needed to be cleaned after he poured dirt on it.  I'm pretty sure I would have complained a lot more than he did.

No comments: