Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hans' Food Creations

Hans and I love watching shows on the Food Network.  While I love all the shows that have to do with baking cupcakes and cakes I also find the general food shows great too.  Hans loves recreating things he has seen on TV.  Hans is a wonderful cook.  I would let him take over the cooking if it wasn't for the big mess he makes while making his wonderful creations.

This was his latest experiment.  A burger filled with bleu cheese and bacon with some homemade french fries.  I normally love bleu cheese, but while I'm pregnant bleu cheese tastes like turpentine so I didn't eat this particular meal.  Turns out that was a good thing since preggos aren't supposed to have bleu cheese.

Swiss cheese and portabello mushroom quiche.  The boys love eggs and egg things so this was quickly devoured.


Hans' chicken tenders and french fries.  This meal isn't good for you, but it sure is good.  Hans had several trial and errors with the breading before he found something he loved.  This isn't a meal we have very often, but I love when we do.


6 comments:

Heather said...

Okay....I'm hungry now! Too bad you guys live so far away. :( I would come join you for dinner! :)

Unknown said...

You can come over anytime. Next time we are in town we should get together and have Hans cook. :)

Heather said...

Sounds like a plan! :)

ABCEKegg said...

Adam has made that same burger! He is definitely the best cook in our house, but I think he uses every single utensil we own in the process. Okay, now I'm hungry too. :)

Unknown said...

Hans uses every utensil too. And, usually manages to get some kind of food on the ceiling...this is why he doesn't cook everyday. :)

Maanum's Meandering Musings said...

Jen let's me cook for 2 reasons.
1. I cook better than her.
2. I do the dishes and clean up the mess I make, sometimes begrudgingly. It's worth it, otherwise it'd be hamburger helper or mac and cheese everyday. Not that there's anything wrong with that.