Thursday, September 24, 2015

VBS

***It has been quite a while since my last post.  We have been pretty busy.  Summer is always busy and goes by way too fast.  This summer was also my last summer at the library and this August I started my new job at an elementary school.  So needless to say, I'm behind.  Way behind.  Thanks for bearing with me.***

In June we had VBS (Vacation Bible School).  It was a small group, but the kids had a great time.  I was in my last couple of weeks at my job at the library, so I was pretty much useless as a volunteer.

 They started off each morning with a little skit and a puppet show.  John was super excited to be a part of this.  He is going to be my theater major.

 Outside time was always a hit.  They started off each recess time with an outdoor game that went along with the theme or story of the day.


 Every church has music with VBS.  Ours does too.  But what you are looking at is not our music time.  This was our "Silly Songs with Pastor" time.  Yep, folks.  That time is written into the schedule and done apart from music.  Kids can't get enough of Hans' silly songs.

 This year Amanda did arts and crafts.  The kids always love this part too.

 Art and crafts is not a one man job with the littler ones.  All hands on deck!


 The snacks also went along with the story.   Although I'm not sure the kids actually remember that.  They seems to eat all of the materials before actually making the specified items out of the food.
**On the subject of food...one of the days we were supposed to cut hearts out of watermelon with a cookie cutter.  This is not as easy as it looks.  I have a new found appreciation for the edible bouquets made out of fruit.**
 On the last day there was a Touch-A-Truck across the street from church.  So we brought the kids over and let them explore.

 Some of our kids...we are missing a few.

Kids and helpers!

I think everyone had a great time!

No comments: