Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Birthday Fun

My parents flew in specifically for Gus' birthday.  Turning 5 is a big deal in this family.  When my parents asked Gus what he wanted to do for his birthday he said, "Go to Chuck-E-Cheez-Its and eat ice cream."  I love my son and would gladly take him to get ice cream, but I tried to talk him out of Chuck-E-Cheese.  But my mom told me I couldn't do that.  And I still listen to my mom.  So off to Chuck-E-Cheese we went.  On a cool morning, during spring break.  I was gearing up for a mad house.  But thankfully it wasn't that busy.

 The boys loved this roller coaster simulator thing.

 Anders liked the bike that rises when you peddle.  Except that he couldn't reach the peddles so he got Grandma to do the hard work.  She didn't seem to mind though.

 The nice thing about going to Chuck-E-Cheese for Gus is that we didn't have to eat there.  That weird and crazy 5 year old does not like melted cheese, so pizza is a big NO.

So we went to Chick-Fil-A, because I'm a good mother and have taught my kids to appreciate the awesomeness of Chick-Fil-A.  Then after we finished there we went to Oberweiss for some ice cream.

 Anders is really concentrating.  You can tell by his tongue.  Although I do have to brag for just a moment and show off his mad coloring skills.  He does pretty well at staying in the lines for a 3 year old.

 The birthday boy.
He always looks sad to me.  But I assure you he is not sad here.  He is anxiously (yep, that is his anxious face) awaiting his ice cream cone.

 Hans and I gave Gus a skateboard for his birthday.  This picture cracks me up!  While I would never allow him to ride his skateboard in just his underwear outside, I laugh at the thought of him falling.  While his head would be perfectly safe, he could potentially have road rash over 90% of his body.

Gus wants to be a police officer when he grows up.  More specifically, he wants to be an officer with a K9 partner.  My mom found him this awesome police uniform which Gus wears with pride.  Here he is saying, "Stop in the name of the law."

I'd say this kid had a rather awesome birthday spread out over 2 weeks.

No comments: