Monday, March 10, 2014

Bathroom Vanities

I've been thinking about painting my kitchen cabinets.  But before I obsessed even more than I have already over color combinations, I decided to see if this was even a project I wanted to take on.  So I decided to paint my bathroom vanity.  I figured if the project didn't go well it was much cheaper to replace my vanity than my kitchen cabinets.

Before:
This is the before-before.  This is what the bathroom looked like when we moved in.  Although the color of the walls changed, the vanity remained the same.

After:

It is actually amazing what adding handles and knobs will do for the look.

This project went well, but I realized that, if I want an actual determination of the durability of painted cabinets, I needed to do the boys vanity.

Before:

After:
This vanity actually caused me to re-do the entire bathroom!  
I went with a lighter color to make the bathroom a little brighter.  It is an incredibly small bathroom.
So far the paint is holding up well.  It could also be the hundreds of coats of polyurethane I applied.  I'll give it a couple of months and then decide what to do with the kitchen.

No comments: