Monday, February 27, 2012

Master Closet

It has been a few days since my last post.  And while it seems I have been a bit lazy, I want to assure you that this is not the case.  At least not lately.  When we moved into this house I had and have continued to make plans for each room.  All closets included.  I was so excited to actually have a closet in my bedroom big enough for more than just Hans' suits.  This was not the case in Denver.  I saw great potential in this closet, but put all plans on the back burner while I tended to more important things.  Then my parents and my brother gave me Ikea gift cards for Christmas.  This gave me the kick in the butt I needed to start and finish this project.

Before:
There was nothing technically wrong with the closet before.  I just needed a little more organization.
Shocking right?

A lot went into the prep of this space.  After taking down the wire shelving, I had to patch all of the holes.  There were 78 holes in all.


After:

So much more room and organization.  I love the space and Hans does too.  He is actually putting his clothes away everyday.  AMAZING!

 I also decided to change the light fixture.  I had wanted a cute chandelier, but there wasn't enough room.

I bought the light fixture from Ikea.  I've purchased and changed several light fixtures in my house, but this one was, by far, the easiest.  Ikea included a little S hook in the lighting kit so you didn't have to hold the fixture while connecting the wires.  Genius.

3 comments:

Spoon Family said...

I love it!!! I'm a sucker for closet organizers. And I love the light fixture too. I need something similar to showcase my picture wall. Good job, Katie!

Heather said...

I am enjoying your home improvements so much. I love your new closet and I absolutley love your tile to the ceiling project, too. Great job!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Heather! I enjoy doing all of these projects...even if it makes my house chaotic. :)