Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

While I can't say that tax time falls under "the most wonderful time of the year,"  I can say that I don't mind doing taxes.  Scratch that.  I really enjoy doing taxes.  I think it has something to do with my love of paperwork.  Yes, I know, I'm a weirdo and a big nerd.  And, sadly, the joy I get from doing taxes doesn't even come from the "big" return I get at the end.  I enjoyed doing my taxes when I was single, considered self employed, and had to pay at the end.  Yep, total weirdo.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I secured my place in Hans' heart when I did his taxes after two weeks of knowing him.  If Hans were one to plan ahead, I'd say he snatched me up just so he would never have to think about what is or isn't deductible.

And just so you don't finish the rest of your day thinking that I'm the kind of fool who does my taxes by hand, I use and recommend Turbo Tax.  It's very easy to use.  Even for the financial situations of a pastor or a self employed individual.  You can even start your return online and, if you think you're in over your head, they have 24/7 customer support, or you can just give up and take all of your receipts and W-2s to a tax guy like you did last year.

And, as much as I like doing taxes, I'm not available for hire.  I'll have to get my paperwork fix some other way.

No comments: