Saturday, February 18, 2012

God's Own Child I Gladly Say It

...I am baptized into Christ.  I love that hymn.  Hans taught the kids the first couple of verses of this hymn at VBS last year and I loved hearing it sung over and over and over again all day long.  It is also the first hymn that pops into my head when I think about baptism.  We had a baptism at church on Sunday.  This is technically the second baptism since Hans' arrival at River of Life, but the first baptism held on a Sunday morning with the other church members present.  Unfortunately I was not there due to two of my kiddos being sick, but John made Hans promise to get pictures of the baby.  John has recently decided he would like a little sister.  I'm not sure where this came from, but I'll blame Hans.  For now John will be have to be content with looking at pictures of sweet little Aubriella, the newest member of our church family.



2 comments:

Virginia said...

Love, love, love that song. Not to be morbid, but I have already told my children numerous times that when I die, I want this hymn sung at my funeral.

Unknown said...

Virginia, I already have several of my funeral hymns picked out at well.