Monday, March 23, 2009

August Christian Fiene

As most of you know our newest little Fiene was very content in my belly and needed a little encouragement to enter the world. Since Hans and I had already scheduled the baptism for March 29th we needed this baby born pronto. My doctor brought me in Sunday night and started me on a pill to help soften my cervix. After a few hours this did the trick because I started having contractions (at least ones I could feel) by 3:30 in the morning. August Christian Fiene was born at 7:24 in the morning and weighed 9 pounds 12 ounces and was 21 1/2 inches long. I knew I was going to have a big baby, but our sonogram at 36 weeks showed a 6 pound 9 ounce baby and in three weeks he gained all that weight!

John and August are like night and day. John never slept and ate every two hours. We have yet to see August's eyes because all he does is sleep and he doesn't seem interested in eating yet. Evidently big babies have a harder time keeping their glucose levels steady so we have been having to force feed him bottles to get something down his little throat. I'm told many babies sleep constantly during the first 24 hours (I wish John had been given this memo) and he should be more interested in eating tomorrow.

We had a fun-filled day so here are some pics for you to enjoy.

August just a few minutes old.


Getting warm after his bath and flexing his muscles.


Mommy and son bonding...trying to get him interested in eating.


Grandma Huebel and August


Daddy is so proud...look at all that hair


John was checking out the new kiddo


John had to point out all of August's features, he was very anxious to hold him.









A little vidoe for you to enjoy


Hope you all are doing well and I'll post more when we get home. We have a baby shower on Saturday and the Baptism on Sunday so this will be a very busy weekend!

3 comments:

Spoon Family said...

First of all, I can't believe you had enough time to post this along with pictures and video! Second of all, how cute is he?!?! August is such a cute little chubby baby! Look at that muscle man! Too precious. And I love the name, too. I hope he starts eating soon so that you don't worry too much. And by the way, he and Hans have the exact same hair. :) Enjoy your men!

Heather said...

Congratulations!! What a handsome baby boy you have. The pictures were great and you look amazing!! Get some rest.

Love and hugs!!
Heather

ABCEKegg said...

Yes, you do look amazing! How is this possible? I need all of your secrets soon! August is gorgeous, and John looks really happy to be a big brother. Keep the updates coming when you can. :)