Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Adventures of August

Proud Mom Alert!  Gus has been potty trained for several months.  And when I say "potty trained," I mean that he went to the bathroom when the idea was his and his alone.  This meant that he had several accidents a day.  As glad as I was that he was 2 and potty trained, I was starting to think that John had the right idea about waiting until he was 3 and then never having a single accident.  I was just starting to get to the point of utter frustration with having every bathroom in our house reek of pee when Gus announced he wanted to wear underwear, and not his pull-up, to bed.  Great, I thought.  Now I can wipe pee of the walls and the floors AND add an extra load of laundry in everyday.  My husband would say I'm a pessimist.  I say I'm a realist.

To my surprise, my big boy two year old has been accident free, both night and day, for over a week.  I believe this shows his true colors.  He is one stubborn kiddo.  Ideas are only good if they are thought of by him.

No comments: