Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Baby hammock

After Gus was born I realized I didn't have proper sleeping accommodations for newborns. I had a pack 'n play with a bassinet that I used with John, unsuccessfully, and when my sleepy, sleepy Gus came home from the hospital he just refused to sleep in it. I don't think Gus' eyes really opened until his 2nd month, so the fact that he refused to sleep in this thing just made me realize it wasn't for the Fiene kids. My friend Connie told me about the Amby bed and although the site sells the bed and its features well, I couldn't bring myself to pay that kind of money for something I wasn't sure my kid would like. After some searching I found the site www.mamalittlehelper.com. This is a company that is relatively new, owned and operated by a lady named Laura and her husband, based in Frisco, Texas. This hammock was about a third of the cost of an Amby bed, so I thought it was worth a try. The day I received the hammock I put it all together and set my crying child inside and he immediatly calmed down and went to sleep...true story. This hammock was worth every single penny. Gus is sleeping in his crib now, but this hammock gave me, and Gus, many hours of sleep.



No comments: