Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas Day

Christmas Day started off with just the three of us again. I made the danish pastry wreath that has been a tradition in my family for many years. I don't think it would be Christmas with out it. I was very nervous about making it being in high altitude, but I not only made one for us I bravely promised two of my friends pastry wreaths for their families and everyone loved them.



John got Great Gramma-jammas which he loves because they are soft and have trains on them. I love them because they fit his short legs!




After church we picked up my brother, Mark, at the airport. John was very excited to see Uncle Mark and managed to monopolize all of his time. Mark is now familiar with all the Thomas and Friends names and their respective colors.

Later that day we went over to our friends house and enjoyed a great dinner. John had a great time helping the kids break-in their new toys.






The guys decided to play poker after dinner. Mark won several times, so I think he enjoyed the game. We also learned a card game called Nertz and Mark became very good at this, almost to the point where it wasn't fun playing with him.


What we all thought would be a nice, but short stay for dinner ended up lasting 9 hours!!! We all had a lot of fun and look forward to doing it again...Jared and Mark need a Nertz rematch.

No comments: