Monday, September 1, 2008

About Katie

I grew up in North Richland Hills, Texas, which is a suburb of Fort Worth.  My father is a Lutheran Pastor, so that makes me a PK (pastor's kid).  I lived in Texas until I was 23 when I met and married my wonderful husband Hans.  We then moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana so Hans could finish seminary. Yes, that makes me a pastor's wife.  Three days after our first anniversary I gave birth to our first son John.  Somewhere in this time, after postponing school several times, I graduated from college with a Bachelors in Finance.  In June of 2008 we moved from Fort Wayne, IN to Denver, CO where Hans got a call to be the pastor at Mount Calvary Lutheran Church.  It was in Denver that we had our second son, August, in March 2009.  Now I am a stay-at-home mom to a 4 year old, a 1 year old and 2 month old.  All three of my boys are truly boys, as they take after their father.  I am a lone girl in a sea, or river, maybe just a trickle of men.  I love every minute of my job as wife and mother...well, maybe not every minute.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I truly enjoy sharing our stories with you.  This blog serves as a source of stress relief for me as I can read the stories after the fact and laugh, imagining that it is happening to someone else.