Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Weekend in Denver

My fantastic husband booked me a flight to Denver for my birthday.  Yes, I know my birthday was last month.  I decided to take the trip at the most inconvenient time for everyone, Advent.  But everyone seemed to manage just fine.  I think I'm going to make this a yearly tradition.  I took Anders with me this year, but I just might fly solo from now on.  Flying solo.  Sound great, right?  The last time I flew solo was when I flew up to Indianapolis to see Hans.  It has been almost 7 years.  I'm not sure what I would do on a flight all by myself.

Quit daydreaming, Katie!  Back to the days in Denver.

Since I was going to be with my friend, Camera Jan, there was absolutely no reason to bring my camera.  So, look at Jan's blog here, here, here, and here to see a little of what we did.

Boy, that was an awful lot of 'heres'. 

Aside from going to a concert, baking cookies and dying my hair, we also managed to get a little shopping done, and work on some Christmas presents for our kids.  Oh--and we also stayed up entirely too late every night I was there.  We had a wonderful time and I want to thank our wonderful husbands for putting up with our shenanigans during this busy time of year.

No comments: