Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Grandpa's Farm

My Dad built a shed.  Keep in mind it is a shed.  He and my mom picked out some building plans and my dad went to work.  I think it turned out a lot bigger than they thought it would.  We visited during the building process and John immediately started calling it a farm.  He even told my dad he should get some animals.  Then getting animals morphed into "you should get animals with no faces".  It took me a second to figure out that he wanted animal cut outs that you can put your face into...like the kind you see at a zoo.   John has been talking about this farm for months.  When Father's Day came around he asked if we could buy red paint and send it to Grandpa so he could paint the farm.  I'm pretty sure my parents weren't going to paint the shed red.  But there was no turning back now.  This was a farm now and not a shed.

Here is the farm.
I have to say my dad did a wonderful job.  John can't wait to go back to Grandma and Grandpa's to play with all of the animals.  Knowing my parents, I'm sure they will scrounge up something when we come to visit.

No comments: